The Scrum Master from a team I was coaching recently asked me to provide a list of 5 things, that above else the team should remember when going forward and when a coach was no longer present. I thought this list would be helpful for others to do as well, so I thought I would capture those thoughts here and point her, and others to this list.
- Do you know who your customer(s) are and what job they are trying to get done?
- Is what you are doing right now helping them accomplish that job?
- Do you have the right people on your team and are they able to communicate frequently and effortlessly?
- Is the team able to do the work they need to without undue obstruction or influence from those outside the team?
- Are you able to frequently collect meaningful feedback and adjust your actions based on that feedback?